La ola del lago at Grainwood offers a full day of core curriculum
in Spanish to students in grades K-5.
As a language immersion school, our goal is for students to become proficient in speaking Spanish and increase their cultural and global awareness.
The immersion classroom is similar to traditional elementary curriculum, except all classroom instruction is in the Spanish language. In the classroom, the teacher speaks the Spanish language the entire time using expressive tones, exaggerated gestures, facial expressions and many visual aids. To draw students into using the language, teachers often use songs, useful phrases and rhymes and carefully structure the day with familiar routines.
La ola del lago creates positive classroom environments by teaching students the social skills and behavioral expectations of W.A.V.E.S. (Worker, Accountability, Value Everyone and Safe) where social-emotional and academic learning combine to encourage children and increase academic achievement.
At La ola del lago we believe:
- Children should be educationally nourished with fun, meaningful, differentiated and challenging learning opportunities
- Each child's uniqueness should be celebrated
- Children need opportunities to interact with the environment in order to build insight into becoming environmental stewards
- Children should know the expectations
- Learning is a partnership between parents, students and staff
- Children should know the importance of their individual role in their learning
- Children will reach their full potential as lifelong learners
Want more information? Contact us for more information.